Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Farewell Chi-Town


We are out of Chicago. On the first day of August, we loaded up an entire 10 feet truck, drove away from the city of Chicago, where I went to college, earned my first degree, met all my wonderful friends; where I first hold hands with my dear man bear Alex, explored tastes in side and outside of my kitchen. I had quite some moments the last few days in Chicago. It was different from leaving Vancouver, or even leaving China for the very first time. Because I know that those two places are always home. But if one day I return to Chicago, it would only be another place visit. I will probably be staying in a hotel, or a friend's house, or even for business purpose. It will be different, very different from what I had experienced for the past 4 years (just thinking about it makes me sad...).

I don't hate changes. I think my life has changed enough (since I move around a lot) that I can adapt to new environment pretty quickly. However, I am always worried about things that have not yet happened ahead of me. I always wish that I could plan every single day hour by hour, so I don't waste time worrying things that did not eventually happen.

The night before we leave Chicago, we made reservation for our last taste of Chicago. I never imagine that L2O would be my last taste of Chicago, because it was not my fav (probably my 3rd fav.). I was hoping it would be either Alinea or Next. But apparently none of them will have a table for us until September. So L2O became our last stop of the taste of Chicago, which was unexpectedly exceptional. The menu was different from the last time when I was there, and there weren't any disappointing dish this time. The manager also gave us a tour of the kitchen when we told them that it was our last dinner in Chicago. So... we were both happy about the farewell dinner.

L2O Dinning Room

Second day in cincinnati with Alex family has been great. There are a lot of board games going on as usual. The risk battle between evil (me and Alex's dad) and goodness (Jazzie and Alex) went on for two days. Of course the evil won with a technical K.O. It was a flawless evil battle!


After many hours of war, we went to get sushi for dinner! On our way home we stopped by and looked at these really funky house in the neighborhood. ↓


It's now bed time and we are going to have FRENCH TOASTS for breakfast, indian food for dinner, and we are also going to see Jack Jack tomorrow! It's gonna be great!

And all my chicago friends! I am missing you! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment