Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ohio Time



We've been here in Cincinnati for more than a week now spending some quality time with Alex's family before we move on to China and UK. I am so glad that I made the decision to come down to visit with Alex before leaving for Vancouver. Because we are not gonna be able to see them quite as easy once we leave the country, I am glad to have the chance to bond with everybody some more.

Last week at Marge's, we spent a lot of time in her backyard pool in the afternoon. It's so relaxing since it has been above 90s every day in Cincinnati. We visited Cera's house and had quality baby time in the play room with my little boyfriend Jack Jack (tee hee hee). That play room reminded me of all these crazy ideas that I wanted to do with my own baby's room. Designing for children is quite challenging but so much fun!


Somebody is trying to cuddle...



Marge also brought us to supposedly the BEST restaurant in Cincinnati - Orchids at Palm Court. Over all dishes were not bad except my fish was a little over cooked, but the service was exceptional. They take off the bill of the fish and did not charge anything for our desserts. There aren't many fine dinning would do this for there mistakes nowadays.

Sunday we came back to Alex's dad's house for Mimi and the girl's be lated birthday party. I love all the Peffly gatherings because there are always so much LOVEEEEE. And I love to see all the little humans running around the house☺. When playing with the kids in the basement. I found this little book that Alex wrote when he was 11. The book is called "Lost". It is about the two brothers, Peter and Jake, adventure in the woods. The book was made with proper cover and back cover, and also illustrations in several pages!! It's the CUTEST thing!


Then it was HOT POT DAY!! I am so proud to introduced our "greatest culinary culture" to the the family! My all time favorite hot pot! We went to the Asian market to shop for ingredients and I especially picked some of the interesting textured food for the hot pot dinner. And OF COURSE I made my special secret sauce! They loved it and we had it for two days in a row!! It's just heaven for me. I was glad that they all LOVED it!!


My stomach has not been resting. After two day of hot pot, Alex made Creme Brulee last night!! And his also making dinner tonight!! I love it when bear cooks!


Now something totally irrelevant. I FINALLY GOT MY NEW HEADPHONES by Urbanears. There are so many colors to choose from, but we got the black and white. Pretty comfortable so much better than my ear plugs I hate!







No comments:

Post a Comment