Monday, July 11, 2011

SUN-MER

The Peffly Family Reunion

I went to my first Peffly Reunion, and it's probably the best. It was hosted at one of Alex's uncles, uncle Ed's "mansion" at Chesapeake bay. I am sure everybody had SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN. Basically sun and pool everyday plus some soccer, hot tub, water balloon tossing, great food, billiards, crabbing, and jet ski.

Tahlia!

Jazzie!

Floating Lanterns!!!

Uncle Al and Jack Jack

White House and The GANG

White House and the Chinese Gang

My Bear

Last picture of the trip

Pier

The mansion we stayed

SICK

It was a great LONGGGGG weekend since I couldn't wait to get out of the office for a long time. However, I had some pretty miserable days right after we got back from DC. Back pain, muscle pain, headache, dehydration, swollen burning eyes, fever and carpal tunnel. It was not fun. And I had to go to work carrying all those diseases. I felt lucky to have my giant bear here taking care of me everyday no matter how whiny I was. I really don't like feeling sick man.

New APT Rearrangement

It is our last 2 weeks in chicago. The packing has start awhile ago, though we are still trying to get rid of a lot of stuff. We have rearranged our apt. layout. Our living room is now our bedroom and our bedroom is now the storage and crap room. We are loving this new layout coz the giant projection screen is right in front of the bed! What else can be better.




Games Fever

Alex bought this game on PS3 and said that I would love it. AND I DID! It's call Castle Crashers. We've spent an entire weekend in bed crashing castles. GOD that was nice! Check it out. It's awesome.



Tiny Tower, an i-phone game, is also very addicting. It's kinda dumb, but ... I've played dumber. So if you like cute, brainless games. TRY!



FOOD

Went to some pretty interesting restaurant lately. I don't think I've mentioned about The Publican. We went there for brunch awhile ago. It's just the BEST! It's hard to get reservation for dinner there. So at least I tired the brunch. It's the best, the bacon. Really.





Chicago Q is a restaurant went went for brunch this weekend (my favorite sunday activity of all time). It's a BBQ places basically. I am not a big meat person, but I came here and loved the place because its interior. It's very ... "modern southern." Food was not bad.





Outside of restaurants, the Taste of Chicago was going on before we visited DC. The food stands were a little disappointed, but it was a fun experiences with friends.


Food Tix!



I've been out of town and come home sick, so there aren't much cooking going on at home. But I made breakfast today! First monday out of work! YEY!

Roasted Portebello Mushroom and Garlic / Saute Corn and Sausage / Poached Egg

By the way, we have officially started our grad school applications. *Wink*



No comments:

Post a Comment